Egyptology Courses in the United States of America

egyptology1 Egyptology is a branch of archaeology which deals with the study and research of Egyptian archeology. The United States of America is a major higher education destination for obtaining various levels of higher qualifications in this field. There are numerous academic institutions in the USA that offer master and doctoral level courses in Egyptology.

Most famous US universities for Egyptology courses are Cornell University, Harvard University and Princeton University and all academic qualifications in the field of Egyptology are conducted at the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations.

Johns Hopkins University; University of California, Berkeley and University of Michigan conduct their programmes in Egyptology at the Department of Near Eastern Studies while New York University offers Egyptology courses at the Institute of Fine Arts.

Yale University, University of California, Los Angeles and University of Chicago provide advanced qualifications in Egyptology at the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations whereas University of Memphis offers Egyptology programmes for all international students at the Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology.

Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies of University of Pennsylvania, Department of Classical and Oriental Studies of Brandeis University; Department of Egyptology of Brown University and the Department of Semitic and Egyptian Languages and Literatures of the Catholic University of America are also very popular in the field of providing Egyptology academic programmes for overseas students.

Other well known universities which are also preferred by major percent global students for Egyptology courses are City University of New York and Columbia University. City University of New York conducts Egyptology programmes at the Department of History, Queens College while Columbia University offers these programmes at the Department of History.

More information about US Egyptology academic programmes is available from university websites. US Embassy offices in your country can also be contacted for career counselling services.


  • kerrie Williams

    Im trying to get in to college for a masters degree in egyptology and this web site is helping thanks love ya lots

    kerrie Williams:) 😉